Social media marketing is a great way to increase exposure and engagement in Dubai. But as we all know, it can be tough to get started with it. The good news is that there are many ways for you to do so: from setting up your own website or blog, to starting an account on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or TikTok – the options are endless! Whether you’re looking for free tools or want some expert advice on how best to go about using social media marketing in Dubai, we’re here to help.
What is Digital Marketing?
It’s the process of using digital technologies to promote your business. It’s a form of advertising which includes social media, SEO and content creation.
What is Social Media Marketing?
It’s a form of advertising where social networking sites such as TikTok, Facebook and Instagram are used to promote products or services.
Important aspects are Social media pages, as they create a strong social presence for your business’ brand.
The benefits to social media pages are that it can give followers access to exclusive content not available elsewhere, such as giveaways, competitions and behind-the-scenes looks at your business.
What are some good social media platforms?
Good social media sites include Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Instagram or Youtube, TikTok (to name just a few!). Setting up accounts on these sites can be free but you’ll need to update them with fresh content regularly in order for it to succeed.
Your posts do not have to only focus on one platform – they should also cover any events happening that week (e.g., an upcoming sports game) as well as updates about your day-to-day life! This will help create authenticity between you and other followers/subscribers who may be interested in your life.
What should I do when setting up my social media?
This really depends; it all comes down to your goals in terms of what you want the end result to be! Maybe you’re looking for more followers? Or maybe you just want people to know about your business at large – either way, it’s important not to spread yourself too thin across multiple different social networking accounts (you can’t keep up with them!) so pick one platform which suits best depending on your needs.
Keep in mind that there are many ways for companies or individuals alike who use social media as their main means of communication to socialize.
Social media marketing Dubai
The country’s population is made up of many international residents and expats who have come to Dubai for the modern lifestyle that it offers, as well as its economic opportunities
In turn, this has led to a proliferation of businesses setting up shop in the city and investing heavily in digital advertising on platforms like Facebook.
How can social media marketing help me?
Social media sites are a great way to create awareness for your business and for your business growth, promote events and even advertise new products or services! It’s also an excellent resource for customer service because you have direct access to any potential customers who may be looking at the profiles – making it easier than ever before to provide them with quick responses during busy periods when they need assistance.
Additionally, if you’re hiring anyone then social media is one of the best ways to find candidates as most people will include their details on these platforms too. This means you’ll get more applicants from around Dubai, rather than just those who live close by!
It doesn’t matter what industry your business operates within: digital marketing can help you reach more potential customers and increase your brand awareness and social media presence.
How to get followers and engagement on your social media accounts
Social media is different to traditional media.
It’s social. It revolves around relationships and connections between people, brands, influencers, etc.
Here is some advice on how to get more followers and engagement for your company’s social media accounts by using a few simple strategies that are easy to implement right away:
- Create catchy headlines – make your message stand out
- Use visuals – offer more than just text. Include pictures, graphs, infographics or even videos to engage your followers
- Share interesting and relevant content that is on topic with your niche
- Provide a valuable service by sharing information about it in posts that are worth people’s time reading (provide interesting and valuable content)
- Post often – if you don’t post, no one will see your posts
- Use hashtags – this is a great way to get more followers that are interested in the same topics as yours. It can also help with increasing engagement because people who click on them might never have seen your social media account before and might come back to check out your page
- Have a social media strategy in place – this includes knowing who you’re trying to reach, what type of content they’ll be most interested in seeing from you, how often you want them coming back for more.
Social Media is all about creating relationships with people that share similar interests and how your potential audience sees your brand image.
How do I engage my fans and hate them?
Ideally most social media should entice the audience. It seems easier to keep someone else in your mind than just make them stop observing. The process to turn critic into customer into brand advocates is easy. You just give damn. When introducing social media, the rules are paramount. No social media agency will say otherwise.
All you need is to keep your customers attention, rather than find a new one. And you need your audience more than you can spend the day flogging your timeline.
Tips for using Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Twitter: use hashtags, retweet interesting tweets from others and post at least once a day
- Facebook: create an attractive profile picture for your company’s page; share content that is on topic with the niche you’re in or that may be of interest to people who have liked your page. Post often – if you don’t post, no one will see your posts and if you want to increase engagement, post at least once every other day
- Pinterest: use the same approach as on Facebook – create an attractive profile picture for your company’s page; share content that is on topic with the niche you’re in or that may be of interest to people who have liked your page; post often – if you don’t post, no one will see your posts and if you want to increase engagement, make sure at least once every other day
- Instagram: post at least once a day, use hashtags to increase visibility and engagement. Make your photos interesting by adding a caption that is related to the photo or post
- LinkedIn: share content that is on topic with the niche you’re in or that may be of interest to people who have liked your page. Post often – if you don’t post, no one will see your posts and if you want to increase engagement, post at least once every other day
The key is consistency. You need to keep the momentum going and create a habit for your followers so they know that you’re there on their social media account when they log in.
Tools that will help you with your social media marketing efforts
- Facebook Insights: this is a great tool that will help you in understanding how your audience interacts with the content on their timeline. The insights are really helpful for marketers, and they can be customized to fit any need. In order to access these tools go into the dashboard and select “Insights” from the left menu bar. You should see two tabs at the top of your homepage; one with all engagements (comments, shares) and another tab for post or page-specific data like likes, reach & impressions).
- Twitter Analytics: Offers an extensive suite of analytics options based around specific goals – including follower growth per day/week/month, user engagement counts by type of action, and most popular tweets by engagement. You can also access data about your account’s performance over time, including follower growth vs lost followers.
- Instagram Analytics: Offers analytics for individual posts It includes the likes or comments on each post, as well as how many times it was viewed in a 24 hour period. The insights include metrics like impressions (total number of views), engagements (likes + comments) and reach (how far that particular post spread). These are very valuable for businesses with advertising campaigns because they show you which ads get more attention than others.
- Hootsuite Insights: Hootsuite is an all-in-one app to manage multiple social media accounts from one dashboard. To use its analytics, you need to sign up for a free trial or have an existing account. You can then access stats about your social media performance with its data explorer, which offers insights on many different aspects of the campaign – like likes/comments per post and number of new followers in this period.
- AgoraPulse: is another all-in-one dashboard that helps manage multiple social channels from one place. It includes analytics information such as how often people share content from your Facebook page and what posts get the most engagement.
Key Takeaway: There are several tools out there that will help make managing social media marketing easier than before! With these tools, companies can easily understand their audience’s behavior; learn why specific posts were successful while others weren’t and much more.
Working with an agency
Social media is encompassing strategic planning and development of content creation, publishing community management reports and media management. An agency can prioritize specific goals to ensure you can effectively make social media social.
It includes gaining brand awareness producing and nurturing leads enhancing your brand’s authority providing customer service and promoting your business.
If the service is provided by an agency there are normally packages in the form of all the services. These are relative flexible based on your business needs. So your enterprise can have a complete experience while still remaining flexible and scalable. In this way you can make sure that professionals are performing their services.
Do i need a social media agency?
Many companies need social media marketing, but not all businesses should invest in a full-scale campaign. Some small business owners might decide to do it themselves or work with an agency that doesn’t offer a complete service for their social media clients.
If you are not sure if you need social media services, consider the following:
Does my product have a physical presence?
- If yes – Social Media Marketing is probably necessary to get word out about new products and events for loyal customers who can’t visit stores as often anymore.
- If no – social media marketing might not be as necessary, but it will still give you an outlet to communicate with customers and advertise new products.
Does my business need to reach out across different geographical borders?
- If yes – Then such services are essential because your international customers will use social media platforms too and it’s more cost-effective for one social media marketing agency to produce content in English, Arabic, French etc., than hiring many people with those language skills on staff.
- If no – You might still be able to get away with leveraging social media for your business, but there’s a higher risk that not all of your target market will find you and it may take longer for new customers to learn about what is available.
Do I want an integrated digital strategy that offers end-to-end service from branding to analysis?
- If yes – You might be looking for a full scale social media campaign. A good way of knowing this early on is by considering the amount of time you spend managing your social profiles as well as how often you post content.
- If no – It could be that social media is just an additional channel for your online communications and marketing services are not necessary at this time.
Does my business need to reach a specific demographic or customer persona?
- If yes – You might consider using social media because it has the ability to target customers based on their interests, demographics, passions etc., with targeted ads across Facebook, Instagram etc. Not all businesses have this opportunity unless they work in fashion or other industries where targeting of individuals pertains specifically to business needs. It can also be helpful if you want to attract more customers from different parts of the country who don’t travel as much anymore but still rely heavily on social media to stay in touch with the community.
- If no – social media can be a great way to reach out and find new customers, but it might not provide as much value for your business if you don’t need to target specific people.
Does my business have competition?
- If yes – Marketing is essential because it can help build awareness about your product and take away some attention from competitors by using various tactics like Facebook ads, Twitter campaigns etc., as well as monitor what they’re doing on these platforms so you know how to best respond (e.g., creating similar content). You will also want to invest in social media marketing agency who offer this service, which will allow them to keep an eye out for negative reviews and respond as needed.
- If no – It is likely that your business doesn’t need marketing because you are not concerned with the competition, you might have a strong online presence already or want to supplement it with other means of digital marketing (e.g., SEO).
Do I want an agency who will post content for me?
- If yes – You would be looking for a full-scale social media campaign, which includes posting content on various platforms in addition to analyzing how successful these posts were.
- If no – It could be that all you really need from social media at this point is more followers because people find out about you by word of mouth rather than through digital channels so it’s not necessary for you to invest in services that include posting content.
Do I want my agency to help me track, analyze and measure results?
- If yes – You would be looking for a full-scale digital campaign which includes various paid advertising tactics as well as analytics tools so the business can see what’s working and adjust accordingly. A good way of knowing this early on is by considering whether your budget needs allow it or not (e.g., if you have enough capital then there’s no need to look at anything less).
- If no – social media might be just an additional channel for you as a way to reach your target market, which will not need anything more than basic analytics.
Do I want an agency who will help me improve my reputation?
- If yes – You might need marketing if your business is constantly running into negative feedback or reviews online because it can provide an outlet for all of these comments which you would be able to respond too right away. A good way of knowing this early on is by considering how much time you spend responding to customer service inquiries as well as monitoring the conversation about your business online (e.g., through Google Alerts).
- If no – social media might not be a good fit if you don’t need to worry about negative feedback because there are other channels which can provide this, like customer service or social sites where people mention your business.
Do I want my agency to help me manage my brand?
- If yes – It’s likely that the best option is hiring a digital agency who specializes in dealing with all aspects of a campaign including managing the budget (e.g., if they need someone on hand 24/seven, in other words community management of your social channels. You would also want them to monitor conversations about your business on social media and respond to customer service inquiries (e.g., by sending out an email). The last thing you want is for that same person responsible for managing the budget to also be doing all of those other tasks, which could lead to a drop in quality since they will not have enough time.
- If no – You might only need social media management if you’re increasingly finding it difficult or impossible to manage your own brand because people are always reaching out with complaints, questions etc., but then again this may just mean that there’s a lack of communication so make sure employees know how best to handle these conversations before hiring someone else who can do it instead. A good way of knowing this early on is by considering when you last had time to create content for social media or share your business’ story.
Social media management and community management go hand in hand in this process, think of it wisely!
Do I want my agency to help me think strategically?
- If yes – It’s likely that the best option is hiring a company which specializes in generating a long-term marketing strategy as well as executing it across various channels (e.g., Instagram, Facebook). You would also want an agency who has experience with setting up campaigns, helping with content creation and understanding how different marketing efforts can be combined together so you don’t have any overlap – this ensures that there are no issues when it comes to analyzing the data because they will know exactly what needs measuring. The last thing you need is for this same agency to focus too much attention on marketing strategy while neglecting to execute on the strategy, which means you’re not getting what you paid for.
- If no – You might only need social media marketing once your company begins to plateau and needs a boost so it can start moving forward again but keep in mind that this is usually because people are becoming increasingly aware of your brand through digital channels as opposed to word of mouth or traditional advertising methods like print ads etc., so hiring an agent who specializes in generating long-term strategies (e.g., how will we grow our audience over time?) may be worth considering if you want more than just followers and likes from social media campaigns.
Do I want my social media agency to help me reach more customers?
- if yes – It’s likely that the best option is hiring an agent who specializes in generating long-term strategies as well as executing them across various channels (e.g., Instagram, Facebook). You would also want agents who have experience with setting up strategies and understanding how different digital marketing agency efforts can be combined together so you don’t have any overlap – this ensures that there are no issues when it comes to analyzing the data because they will know exactly what needs measuring.
- If no – You might only need marketing once your business begins to plateau and needs a boost in order to start moving forward again but keep in mind that this is usually because people are becoming increasingly aware of your brand through digital channels as opposed to word of mouth or traditional advertising methods like print ads etc., so hiring an agent who specializes in generating long-term strategies (e.g., how will we grow our audience over time?) may be worth considering if you want more than just followers and likes from social media campaigns
Do I want a leading social media agency to help me get ahold of influencers (Influencer marketing)?
Social media specialists can help you get ahold of influencers, but it’s not necessarily the most sure-fire way to generate more leads and sales. It can be considered as one of many different tactics you might want to implement if your primary concern is lead generation (e.g., social media specialists can help identify influential people in specific niches who might have an interest in your product or service, and then they can reach out to them in an attempt to get a meeting.
It’s important not only for the social media specialist (or company) themselves to have a significant number of followers on one or more platforms but also that you’re reaching influencers with high follower counts who are relevant specifically to what you’re selling.
You can also use a social media agency to help you set up an influencer marketing campaign, which is when your company will offer incentives in exchange for promotional posts (e.g., free products from the influencers themselves.)
You have a unique opportunity to really stand out from the crowd and make your business seen on social media in Dubai. We can show you how by customizing a plan for you that’s focused on what will get results quickly, who your target audience is, and which channels are best for reaching them.
It doesn’t matter if it’s just starting up or has been around awhile – go ahead and give us a call today!