What is email Marketing and why Email Marketing in Dubai?
To put it simply, when you send emails to prospects and new or existing customers, you are email marketing. When it’s done properly, you can convert potential prospects into new and paying customers through email marketing. It’s a highly effective method of marketing and is still widely used in Dubai and the rest of the world today.
So let’s look at some pros and cons of Email Marketing in Dubai. You can decide if it’s a route you would want to go down for your own business.
- Evaluation- Benchmarking or comparing data to other businesses in your niche can give you an insight into areas you can improve on or opportunities to do better
- Time- through the click of a mouse, within one second your email can reach an inbox. You can even used trigger automation emails that send out emails automatically when a customer takes a specific action on your website.
- Carbon-friendly- Emails don’t get printed out like letters which means less paper waste and so it’s better for the environment.
- Convenient- whoever is receiving your email can look at it in their own time, unlike telemarketing. If they feel the email is not helpful to them they also have the option to unsubscribe at any time
- Shareable- emails are easy to share, forward and attach documents to without affecting the quality of the file. You can also have a trail of all communication this way.
- Scalable- You can send an email to any amount of people. Whether you’re sending to one person or an entire office. There’s no limit (depending on your provider)
- Cheap- since you aren’t paying for advertising or printing, the costs are pretty low when it comes to email marketing. Always a win for any business!
- Personalisation- You can create emails for different customers based on where they are on their journey with you. You may also make your own signature that entails your job role and contact details.
- Design- sending emails today has come a long way from the 90s. You can now add colours, different fonts, text sizes and graphics. The variety of design options means you can portray your branding perfectly within your emails.
- Delivery- unfortunately you can’t control whether you have access to a mailbox or not. Some people set permissions as to who can/cannot email them. And some email addresses get abandoned altogether, so you could be sending emails to there but no one is opening them
- Junk- commercial spam can annoy customers and they may unsubscribe. Your email could also just be heading into a junk folder which gets deleted. Their are also laws on Spamming and you could be given fines or blacklisted if you;re unaware of the laws. Research online about the laws of spamming in Dubai or the country that you reside in
- Function- your email may look very professional and modern on a computer but may be completely different on a phone. Check that your emails are mobile friendly and that they are also readable for someone who has a text-only option set on by testing on yourself or friends.
- Size- there is a limit on the size of files you can send via email. Your files also should not be so big that it takes a long time to download your email- that’s a quick way to lose a customer
That’s all we have for now. Let us know if you decided to start using email marketing after reading this article. And if you have any more suggestions we can add to this list we’d be more than happy to add them.
Need help improving your marketing strategy? Speak to us now at Colabz.